Reporting to the General Manager-Finance, the candidate’s responsibilities include but not limited to the followings:-
To oversee the day-to-day accounting matter and ensure compliance to the company policies and procedures.
To review and ensure that the monthly financial reports, variance analysis report, management reports, rolling forecasts and budget are submitted in timely, accurate and complete manner.
Initiate, direct and co-ordinate the preparation of budgets and quarterly forecast.
To assist in ensuring that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with regulatory laws and rules for financial, operational and tax reporting.
To co-ordinate and to assist in preparation of audit and tax schedules and responding to queries.
To assist in liaising with bankers, auditors, company secretary, tax consultant, legal advisor and various authorities.
To assist in managing team members in Finance and Accounts Department.
To take on ad-hoc tasks as and when required.
Perform analysis on all financial and operational metrics.
Drive business process changes and financial awareness throughout the establishment.
Undertake operational review to ensure continuous systems and process improvement.
Support all financial initiatives to drive growth and compliance from time to time.
- Possess a Degree in Finance/ Accounting or professional accountancy qualification ACCA/MICPA/CIMA or equivalent. Preferably a member of MIA.
- At least 7 years of relevant working experience with 3 years in manufacturing environment preferred but not mandatory.
- Have good understanding of internal controls required of a business.
- Knowledgeable in MFRS, Income Tax Act, GST Act and/or related statutory regulations and requirements.
- An avid believer of continuous improvement and learning.
- Good computer literacy with speedy ability to appreciate existing systems and business processes.
- Aptitude for details and meticulous towards all work assignments.
- Analytical and good communicator.
- Hands-on experience in management accounting is an advantage.