Key tasks (including responsibilities and authorities):
- Education: minimum SPM / Certificate / Diploma Holder in any related field.
- Experience and Skill: minimum 5 years related working experience and understand about tooling process.
- Meeting the company common goal and mission.
- Oversee all tooling activities and provide necessary support to ensure smooth running in the Moulding Department.
- Able to perform mould servicing and minor repairing.
- Run tool trials and machine set up.
- Able to diagnose moulding issues and work through to solve the issues.
- Identify and analyze technical issues of manufacturing processes and recommend the areas for improvement.
- Provide resolution and implement engineering solution to process / tooling issues.
- Able to work to procedures and processes.
- Liaise with cross functional team and ensure the first article sample completion.
- Develop & provide engineering solution to continue improve the process control as well as product quality.
- Attend to any setting of new mould on machine and establish new setting parameter if necessary.
- Authorize to liaise with external supplier particularly on modification and repairing of tools.
- Ensure operating procedures are updated and review from time to time.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Understand the requirement of clear reporting.
- Understand the customer’s needs and requirements
- Understand a quality system and be able to work within team.
- Authorize to down the mould for service if not able achieve desired product requirement.
- Authorize to send the mould for service if not able achieve desired product requirement.
- Authorize to quarantine the suspect rejected part.
- Related QWI training (Refer to PPC-QMS-201 Appendix D).
- ISO related training.