- Manage the building and facilities effectively with long term and daily operations. These include works in safety, security, internal and external structures, layout design, telecommunications, electricity, ventilation, air-conditioning, water, cleanliness, waste management, pest control, logistics, and any other areas related to the building and facilities.
- Work with the management to understand the strategic and functional needs that the building and facilities need to fulfill, to support the company’s overall goals and developments.
- Liaise with relevant regulatory authorities, service providers, internal departments, users and other stakeholders regularly and whenever necessary. Collaborate with them regarding their respective requirements, works and usage of facilities.
- Ensure that the company comply with current legislations, that the building and facilities meet the requirements stated in Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) regulations, Building Safety regulations and any other relevant regulations.
- Know the company’s Emergency Response Plan (ERP), safety policies, security policies and other related processes very well. Ensure that they are executed and know what should be done in different types of situations.
- Ensure that our staff and other stakeholders adhere to the regulations and policies, through communications, monitoring and other effective measures.
- Manage all facilities related services. Improve user experience and efficiency wherever possible.
- Ensure that regular audits and preventive maintenance are done on the environment, equipments and all areas in the building premises. Take necessary steps to keep everything in safe and good conditions.
- Ensure that all necessary certificate and licenses are always valid and up to date.
- Plan for installation, maintenance and other works in advance. Inform stakeholders and all parties who are affected, and take necessary steps to minimize the impact if any.
- Source for, evaluate, select and engage suitable service providers. Check that agreed works by providers are completed satisfactorily and deficiencies are corrected.
- Oversee and supervise employees such as technician and cleaner.
- Respond promptly to emergencies and urgent issues, and handle them appropriately.
- Lead the investigations of incidents. Recommend and implement action plans with solutions as well as preventive measures.
- Lead or assist in projects which may include large scale building constructions or detailed works.
- Maintain records of works. Generate monthly reports, yearly reports and proposals. Manage budgets and expenses.
- Conduct optimization and efficient space planning, to make the best use of space. Maximize cost efficiency and organizational productivity.
- Support any other company projects, functions or ad-hoc works when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building & Facilities Management or related discipline.
- At least 5 years’ experience in facilities management or relevant position.
- Familiar with relevant regulations, risk management policies and procedures.
- Qualified WHSO and Fire Safety Manager Certificate will be an added advantage.
- Good in written and verbal communications, in both English and Chinese.
- Proficient in the use of software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent skills in planning, problem solving, project management and leadership.
- Meticulous with an eye for details.
- Able to work independently in a fast pace environment.