Position Summary: (Brief summary of primary responsibilities)
- This position is responsible for the creation and organization of all CNC machine tool programs within the machining department.
- Plan for job arrangement and meet customer requirement.
- A degree in a field related to the area of discipline or equivalent certification and relevant experience in Engineering.
- Minimum 12 years machining experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 8 years CAD/CAM experience.
- A thorough understanding of all manufacturing processes and procedures, applicable to areas of responsibility.
- A thorough understanding of GDT.
- Ability to read, write and fully understand machine “G” code.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be multiple tasks orientated.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- General PC computer skills.
- Speak, read, and write fluent English.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Key responsibilities: (Behaviors, Skills, Responsibilities)
- Create efficient and error free CNC programs.
- Willing to take challenge to machine complex part with 3 & Multi axis milling machine.
- Design fixture and generate drawings when necessary.
- Design and/or order special tools required.
- Build and maintain a positive, respectful relationship with employees and valued customers.
- Ensure through the process, all customer specific job requirements are met.
- Update process traveler, when necessary, prior to release to production floor.
- Assign program numbers and record on traveler and set-up sheet.
- Work with employees on process and procedure improvements.
- Provide required documents for machine set-up (set-up sheet, visual drawings, etc.).
- Review availability of all tools required for programs; order if necessary.
- Transfer/Receive programs to shop DNC station.
- Catalog/Organize all programs/set-up sheets in main server.
- Assist employees in troubleshooting problems on shop floor.
- Assist Junior Programmer in programming and problem solving.
- Meet/Plan with engineering when necessary.
- Guide Junior programmer when necessary.
- Perform all job duties and functions in compliance with the company safety standards.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to company standards
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices.
- Experience with Makino/Fanuc CNC machines is a plus.
- Experience with programming software Mastercam 2017.
- Experience with SolidWorks is a plus.
Performance Criteria: (Specific accomplishments desired.)
- To meet Company Objectives as outlined in Quality Objectives QP 1.1P.
- Ensure Compliance with all Company Safety and Environmental Standards.