As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) will report to the Group CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, property management, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
- Lead and manage a team in the accounting and finance function to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
- Business partner to the CEO.
- Provide insightful financial analysis and advice to support decision making, strategy development and drive overall company performance.
- Perform aggregation of monthly project revenue, cost and profitability reporting.
- Collaborate in review of business cases and develop financial models to assess the feasibility of capex and business proposals including using measures like NPV, IRR, Return on Equity, and Return on Invested Capital.
- Monitor and report performance in terms of revenue, expenses and key value drivers.
- Track performance against budget, KPIs and highlight issues and variances to achieve optimal operational excellence in systems, processes & procedure and returns on financial resources.
- Co-lead and provide support to the GCEO in driving accurate and timely quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting exercises.
- Lead the continuous development of tools and systems enhancement to provide critical financial and operational information to the management namely manufacturing system, weighbridge system, ERP system, batching system and etc.
- Able to assist in costing and drive cost control in partnership with the CEO.
- Prepare and review papers, presentation materials, etc for internal management team and the Board.
- Review and monitor the compliance of all statutory, regulatory and legal mandates.
- Ascertain the robustness of internal controls, corporate governance and risk management practices within the Company.
- Perform any other duties and projects as assigned.
- Possess a recognized degree in Accountancy and CPA/CA qualification with at least 8 years of relevant experience in a similar capacity, with strong business acumen.
- Passionate about business financial management, possesses positive attitude and drive.
- Must have manufacturing experience from company with a turnover of > RM 100 mil.
- High proficiency in financial modeling and Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Familiar with ERP systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good EQ, strong interpersonal and people management skills.