New Product Development Pharmacist (NPD team)
A product development plans and develops new goods for use by the public or special interest groups. The job description of a product development will include research and development along with marketing and testing.
Product development pharmacist are involved in creating fresh merchandise (nutraceutical products) that will fill a particular need within a company, or be sold to make a profit.
Overall Job Duty
• Drive overall development and execution of the region's marketing plans based on products, ensuring right stakeholders are engaged.
• Anticipate challenges and risks, using proactive contingency and scenario planning.
• Drive launch plans for new products or solutions, ensuring right resources are deployed
• Effectively manages the marketing plan within the budget for marketing
• Set clear performance metrics for programs and regularly tracks performance
• Proactively sharing insights across the business and apply insights consistently to meaningfully differentiate the products/solutions
• Work closely with sales team to understand market trends and needs, equip them enough content to effectively engage with customers
• Understand the importance of brand positioning and the role of insight in driving it.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
•Creates a prototype of a new product in order to iron out flaws in the final design
•Determines the process for creating a new item
•Gathers the raw materials necessary to build or create the product being developed
•Performs research in order to determine the best way to produce a particular item
•Prepares reports on the various procedures that have been tried in order to eliminate methods that are unsuccessful
•Oversees product development amongst a team of individuals
•Presents new ideas to corporate executives in order to gain permission to develop product lines
•Prepares a cost analysis on the development of a new product
•Creates marketing campaigns designed to inform people about new product availability
•Researches patents, copyrights and trademarks in order to make sure there are no infringement issues involved
•Ensures that every phase of a particular project proceeds as scheduled
•Makes adjustments to a development plan whenever the current idea is not working well
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree of Pharmacy or others relevant field.
• Registered with the Pharmacy Board of Malaysia
• Has good problem solving abilities
• Is able to troubleshoot issues and determine the cause of a plan’s success or failure
• Stays current with the latest trends in merchandise
• Possesses strong marketing skills
• Has excellent leadership abilities
• Keeps up to date with changes in the market and technology that would affect new product development
• Is able to meet deadlines